My name is Ron Drescher. I am an attorney practicing bankruptcy and creditor’s rights in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania and Virginia, and recently I did a series of videos on the streets of Paris about five reasons why you might want to file for Chapter 13, but since then I came up with another couple of reasons and here is the seventh reason why you might want to file Chapter 13 and it might be because you don’t qualify for a discharge under Chapter 7 but you do qualify under Chapter 13. The rule is, if you have done a Chapter 7 within the last 4 years, after the 4 years pass, you can file a Chapter 13 case and get a discharge in that case as long as you pay overall of your net disposable income during the applicable time period of the 36 up to 60 months. This could be extremely helpful if things haven’t gone your way since you received your Chapter 7 discharge. So that is the seventh, and as far as I’m concerned, the last reason why you may want to file a Chapter 13 case. My name is Ron Drescher. I’m an attorney practicing bankruptcy and creditor’s rights and if you have a question about whether Chapter 13 is right for you, please pick up the phone and call me. I would love to hear from you.
Ronald J. Drescher has been practicing since 1986 in the areas of business transactions, commercial litigation, loan documentation, bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and out-of-court workouts. His experience also includes corporate reorganizations, insolvency, business and tax planning.
- Attorney Ron Drescher Talks With Katherine On “This Needs To Be Said” About His CLE Golf Tour
- Attorney Ron Drescher Speaks With Katherine On “This Needs To Be Said” About Bankruptcy Pros And Cons.
- Attorney Ron Drescher Speaks With Katherine On “This Needs To Be Said” About A Course Called, COMPLETE BANKRUPTCY.
- Attorney Ron Drescher Speaks With Katherine On “This Needs To Be Said” About Bankruptcy In The Age Of COVID-19.
- Transcript of COMPLETE BANKRUPTCY Mastermind Session: Planning Worksheet