My name is Ron Drescher. I’m an attorney practicing bankruptcy and creditor’s rights in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Today I want to talk about another reason why you may want to consider filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Sometimes you fall behind on your mortgage payments and you can’t work a loan modification. When that happens, you have the opportunity in Chapter 13 to cure the arrears over the life of your plan. That’s usually 36 to 60 months. You make your normal monthly payments to the lender and you make a cure payment to the Chapter 13 trustee who, in turn, makes that payment with interest at a normal market rate, let’s say 5%, to the lender and then at the end of your plan, let’s say 60 months, you’ve caught up your mortgage, you’ve discharged all of your debts and you’re ready to resume your fresh start. Chapter 13 is usually your last best hope to save your home, if you’ve been denied a loan modification. My name is Ron Drescher. I’m an attorney practicing bankruptcy and creditor’s rights and if you have a question about how you can use Chapter 13 to save your home, please pick up the phone and call me. I would love to hear from you.
Chapter 13 – Save Home
Ronald J. Drescher has been practicing since 1986 in the areas of business transactions, commercial litigation, loan documentation, bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and out-of-court workouts. His experience also includes corporate reorganizations, insolvency, business and tax planning.
- Attorney Ron Drescher Talks With Katherine On “This Needs To Be Said” About His CLE Golf Tour
- Attorney Ron Drescher Speaks With Katherine On “This Needs To Be Said” About Bankruptcy Pros And Cons.
- Attorney Ron Drescher Speaks With Katherine On “This Needs To Be Said” About A Course Called, COMPLETE BANKRUPTCY.
- Attorney Ron Drescher Speaks With Katherine On “This Needs To Be Said” About Bankruptcy In The Age Of COVID-19.
- Transcript of COMPLETE BANKRUPTCY Mastermind Session: Planning Worksheet